Sunday, June 1, 2008

Cookie monster
cutie pie!

Girls night out
Yesterday Melanie and Wes came up and spent the day with us. It was so fun. They are getting ready to move back to Knoxville in July so we have been pretty bummed about that. We are, however, excited for them and the new opportunities that will come thier way.

So yesterday, we got to hang out, cook some steaks on the grill, and end the evening with a poker tournament:)

So far we (Annabel and I) have been enjoying a lazy summer. I am only taking my practicum right now, no "real" classes, so I have much more free time. Derek is just starting his busy season at camp, but he also has a staff hired, so that helps him out a lot. Some of my goals for the summer are: finish the curtains in Annabel's room, make curtains for hallway, bathroom, and our bedroom, finish a painting that I started, maybe read one good book, and swim a lot! We would also like to plan a trip for our 5-year anniversary in August, probably either Vegas or a cruise, but we'll just have to wait and see. Other obscure goals: Replace the shot elastic in a bunch of diapers, make some toys out of felt and finish all the wool soakers I started. I have a lot of unfinished projects laying around here!

Annabel is crawling like crazy, pulling herself up to standing and generally getting into everything. Yesterday she learned how to open the tub of wipes and pull out all the wipes. Joy.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I love the pictures! Good job on the blog! Thanks for sharing and I'll put a link on my blog.

Annabel is getting SO big! Sounds like you had a good visit with Gareth. We look forward to seeing you all again.

John and Heather said...

Yay for blogger! It looks great so far. I didn't know you were in Seattle. How fun. I loved it when we went.