Monday, May 26, 2008

Sleepless in Seattle










As my first blog post, I'll tell you about the trip to Seattle that Annabel and I recently took. We went to visit my brother Gareth, who has lived out there the past 3 years. We got there Wednesday night, about 10pm (1am our time!) Needless to say, the time difference was a difficult adjustment for my little 8 month old! She actually traveled very well, and was able to stay up pretty late each night. We did lots of fun things while we were there - went to a used children's book store (Leo Lioni!), ate sushi, went to Pike's Place market where we bought a variety of gourmet salts for daddy, met Gareth's girlfriend Brooke, walked around downtown by ourselves and figured out the bus system while Uncle Gareth was at work, watched the entire first season of 'Dexter,' shopped at lots of different all-organic or recycled sustainable baby stores (bought more cloth diapers!:), went to the Folklife Festival where someone got shot about 20 yds away from where we were sitting, and basically just got to enjoy being with Gareth. I was not ready to come home, but it is always good to be home. Derek had a nice surprise for me when I got home - he took 3 days off work and worked on the house! My favorite project that he did was take down the awful fabric wall in our bedroom and put up stained-wood bead board. It is so pretty.











1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, organic and sustainable shops in Seattle? I must know where!