Saturday, January 2, 2010

Silly Times, and Sad

During the weeks leading up to Christmas, I racked my brains trying to come up with new and creative ways to entertain my child. I hate getting out in this cold weather, which means we spend a lot of time staring at each other within these four walls. 

Annabel has become so silly! I have the funniest picture of her wearing one of my, ahem, brassieres, but it is a bit shocking so I'm not going to post it!  If you come to my house I will show you :) She loves to imitate mommy in every way, which can be flattering but a bit scary at times!  

I'm not sure what she's eating here, maybe pineapple and banana?? Whatever it is, she seems to be enjoying it!

Fingerpainting in the living room...

And fingerpainting in the bathtub!! Hey, don't knock it until you have a bored two-year-old needing an outlet for lots of energy! Slap on those play clothes and go for it!!


Aaaaand, here she is nursing her baby. Annabel is obsessed with her baby. Not only does she nurse her regularly, she changes her diaper, says "Shooooweee, baby!" then proceeds to "dump" the diaper in the toilet, then puts baby on the potty to pee, takes her baby downstairs and puts her in the highchair to feed her "roni cheese," back upstairs to rock her, read to her and put her down for a nap. Annabel is learning how exhausting it is to be a mommy!

My little diva.

One night, while unsupervised, I hear, "mommy, I get snack." I walk in the dining room to see that she has dumped an entire box of cereal on her high chair. Doh! 

I didn't get a good picture of my sweet girl in her Christmas dress, but this is the fur coat that my grandma sent up for her :) So over the top, but adorable! Her dress was beautiful, I'll try to remember to get a picture the next time she wears it - and she will be wearing it again!

It was also a sad week because Annabel's best friend Noni moved away. Of course, she doesn't understand what that means, but I was sad for her. Okay, okay, I was a little sad for myself, too. But don't tell anyone!


Saying goodbye. We will miss you guys!

No comments: