Thursday, January 14, 2010

In Baby Dodo News...

Since there hasn't been a lot going on here lately, I thought I'd just update on the pregnancy. I am 18 weeks along, which is just about half, woohoo! I've been feeling really good for the past several weeks, and trying to get a lot done while I'm in this second trimester. I'm trying to remind myself of how exhausting the last couple months are so I'll be even more motivated to get stuff done. Really, the only thing I need to do is paint the room and get it in order. 

We're not planning to transition Annabel to a big-girl bed until she nearer three. So that means, Baby Dodo (this has been Annabel's nickname for the kid since the start!) will spend the first several months in our room, so I'm not stressed about sleeping arrangements yet. If there's one thing I realize this time around, its that there's plenty of time for everything! Everything does not have to be perfect to bring a baby home from the hospital :)

Since I lost a little weight at the beginning of this pregnancy, I'm still only 3 lb over my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm not showing much yet, but again, there's still plenty of time for that! Hopefully I won't put on the 50+ lbs with this one!

I have felt the baby kicking for about 2 weeks now, since about the 17th week. Derek has even been able to feel it a few times- very exciting! Baby Dodo appears to enjoy supper time the most, and especially after-supper hot tea! I love feeling all the bumps going on in there and it makes me feel like this is a strong baby. 

Oh, and I saved the best for last... we had our ultrasound yesterday, and Baby Dodo is a boy!!! Annabel has predicted it since the start, even when I was convinced it was a girl :) I am a little nervous about what it will be like to have a little boy, but excited at the same time. I loved having a brother and we had a lot of fun together, and I'm sure these two will, too!

3 comments:

John and Heather said...

Congrats on having a boy. Annabel and the baby will be just like you and Gareth... How perfect.

lilmack3562 said...

Yea! Wow, a little boy! We are so excited for you!!!

Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

congrats again on the little boy. isn't it weird how kids can be right about the gender? javen always said i was having a girl when we asked (and i never tried to sway him towards that just because that was what i was hoping for)! i guess now we can swap parenting advice on the opposite genders, haha!