Monday, December 15, 2008

I Hate Him, I Really Hate Him

Today because it was so cold, we decided to leave Bailey inside rather than let him brave the freezing rain and wind! We contained him in the kitchen with baby gates and off we went. Well, when I came home that night, this is what I found:

He had knocked over the gate and got into the kitchen trash, which we had put in the dining room. There was trash EVERYWHERE. Mushed up bananas, coffee grounds, tea bags, dirty diapers, soup cans, whatever you can imagine is in your kitchen trash right now! To top that off, Derek had cleaned out the refrigerator the night before, so he had eaten (most of) the moldy, old food, including about 1/2 lb of spoiled lunch meat. Ok, not only that, but he got into a bag of groceries that I hadn't got around to putting away yet. He ate a bag of chocolate chips, a bag of pecans, a pound of brown sugar, a box of saltines and got into a 5 lb bag of sugar. There was sugar everywhere. THEN, he got up on the table and pulled down a plate of Christmas candy I had made, breaking one of my dinner plates. 

I hope his stomach reeeeally hurts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! That is so awful! After all, you were being nice to him by keeping him inside!!

Paula said...

OK - this has been YEARS ago, but I had a cocker spaniel puppy indoors. We went to our friends house, and then they came back later with us to our house. Tuffy had been in the bathroom trash...... (imagine some of the things that a girl puts in her bathroom trash)..... and we found lots of "interesting things" laying around the house just as we walked in with company. At the age of 45 that would bother me somewhat, but at the age of 21 I was completely HORRIFIED!!! Dogs can be so ornery!

Tera said...

Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine! Ugh!! I would have been furious!