Monday, December 1, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving Was Had By All

On Thursday we packed up Fred's Suburban and headed down to Bowling Green for Thanksgiving with the family. We didn't officially celebrate until Friday, when Justin and Holly got there. It was pretty rough, having to choose between prime rib or tenderloin (filet). And then the sides....oh, the sides. Grandma's sweet potato casserole, Becky's corn pudding, Justin's pecan pie. And of course, Kristin's marvelous margaritas. Oh, my my. 

Friday afternoon Holly and I got to go out riding (horses) with Derek's aunt Sandy. It was so fun! We got to herd cows and exercise the work dogs. 

After dinner, we finished the perfect day with euchre. You really can't beat that. 

Saturday, we dressed up the girls and headed to Sears for a family portrait. I can't believe it, but neither Holly or I got any pictures of the girls in their fancy dresses! They were so beautiful. I wasn't super impressed with the quality of the photos, but I guess it's what you get for department store prices. I'll scan the actual pictures when they come and put them on here. The girls weren't too cooperative, and it didn't help that the studio was about 90 degrees. We ended up being at Sears for almost 3 hours. Ugh. 

That night Fred made some venison and Derek made his famous gratin potatoes, and we ate the rest of the leftovers. We sat around in front of the fireplace, chatted and just hung out. All in all it was a really fun week. I wish we could get down there more often. It was really fun seeing the girls together as well. They need more time to get to know each other as cousins. 

So tomorrow we head to Las Vegas. I feel like I'm going crazy with all the unpacking, laundry, packing, etc. I know we're going to have an awesome time, but it feels like I'm running around with my head cut off! 

 Annabel meets the dogs on the farm


Grandpa's girls

  
 
 I forgot to mention that Saturday morning we went to an antique shop that was on a farm - it had the cutest little petting zoo!

 
 Getting clean for the pictures. Aren't they cute!
 
 
 I know I look a little crazy in this picture....but Annabel is so cute!
 
 Awww....Morganne so cute in her Thanksgiving pj's!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey-found a blog link you might be interested in http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2008/12/24hour-giveaway-six-bumgenius-cloth-diapers.html
It's a give away for a cloth diaper.