Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me, Happy Birthday to Me

Yes it's true - I'm 27 today! (I think...2008-1981....yep, 27). And I am gloriously, blessedly ALONE all day! At first when I realized I was going to be spending my birthday by myself, I got a little bummed, but then I changed my perception of the situation (like that? Counseling term) and realized I would have the whole day to myself, doing whatever I wanted, no one tugging on me, sucking on me, biting me, crying....all those things Derek does that really annoy me:)
Let me rewind a little. Yesterday I had that conference all day in northern Indiana, and Derek had to take Annabel to her photo shoot in Indy. And on Sunday (today) there's this gun/shooting thing that Derek goes to with my dad every year in Terre Haute. So, our original plan was for me to meet them in Indy Sat. evening when I got done with my conference and we would drive down to my parents together, but that would mean Derek would have to wait around in Indy until 6:30 or 7, when the photo shoot was at 11:30. So I said, "why don't you and Annabel just go on to my parents after the shoot and I'll just stay home," thus saving me the trip when I knew I would be tired after the conference. Then I realized it was my birthday weekend...which just turns out to be an extra bonus!
Don't get me wrong, I love my family and love spending time with them....but a girl also needs a day to herself every once in a while! So last night I made myself my all-time favorite high-calorie meal (spaghetti noodles tossed with butter, garlic salt and shredded cheese), curled up on the couch and read my favorite online chat forum for hours, while catching up on my DVR shows...BLISS! And today I plan to spend cleaning....all. day. Sounds like the perfect birthday to me! :)
p.s. Derek has the camera this weekend so I'll post pics from Halloween tomorrow.

No comments: