Sunday, July 20, 2008

Pics and tidbits









I know, I know...I haven't posted on here in forever. I have tried several times, but it seems that my internet connection always goes out right before posting and I lose everything:( I guess that's what I get for pirating off the neighbors!
We have had a pretty uneventful week. Last weekend I spent cleaning out our extra downstairs bedroom and making it into a hobby room. I was able to move my sewing machine and painting stuff in there, so hopefully it will stay organized!
A couple times last week A took off her diaper in her crib and then pooped. And then played in it. And then smeared it around on everything. And then ate some:( Yucky. So that is why she now wears shorts to bed! Her room stays pretty warm, so I hate putting an extra layer on her, but I'm not sure what else to do besides buy overnight dipes that have snaps instead of velcro...
As you can see from the picture, she gets awfully sweaty in her crib at night! Daddy's working on installing a ceiling fan in her room. 
Next week we will be at camp all week. I am really looking forward to the vacation from work, though I'll still be seeing my practicum clients. I am also looking forward to just being at camp and relaxing, hanging out with Annabel and my mom. It should be a really good week. I promise to take pictures every day and post them.
Lately A has been clapping her hands - so cute! She is so proud of herself for being able to do this. The other day I was on the phone with a friend who had just told me she was pregnant, to which I responded, "yay!" I looked over and A had a huge grin on her face and she was clapping her hands! What a sweetie! 
Her hair is really coming in longer and thicker these days - but no curls:( I hate to say that I am disappointed, but how I had hoped for little curly-headed children! Her hair is as fine and straight as her daddy's though. It is amazing how much she resembles Derek. As my coworker Adam says, he'll never be able to deny that he's the father! She is becoming much more of a daddy's girl these days. Her little face just lights up whenever he comes into the room and she is always reaching up her arms for him to pick her up. Then if he doesn't pick her up, she starts fussing and hitting her hands on the floor! She definitely knows what she wants, when she wants it. Ha. Wonder where she gets that!
Anyway, here are a few pics from the week - I have been lazy about charging the camera battery, so I haven't been able to take as pictures as usual. Hope you enjoy them!

No comments: