Monday, January 26, 2009

Can't Think of a Clever Post Title...

Hello all. I don't have any new pictures to post because our camera is dead and apparently we have misplaced the charger! I've looked everywhere for it, my guess is we left it plugged into some random outlet in some random state during our Christmas travels :( So anyway...no pictures for awhile. I will just have to blog in colorful narrative for now! 

Friday Annabel and I traveled down to Carmel to play at a Gymboree Play and Music with our friends Ariel and Titus (Ariel=mommy, Titus=baby). We had a lot of fun. I was a little sad because the class was only 45 min, and I think Annabel could have played much longer! We also got to sing songs, play with bubbles (she loved that!), and do parachute time. She was a little afraid of the big parachute, so she didn't participate in that part:) Ariel was one of my best friends in high school, and we haven't seen each other in several years. It was nice to reconnect, and especially now since our tots are just one month apart! Her little boy is just adorable, and such a chatterbox!

I think I may have mentioned this to several of you, but Annabel has been cutting all four of her eye teeth this week (pobracita!) She'd been doing pretty well with it all week, but Saturday she turned into a monster! Cranky, clingy, blatantly disobedient, etc, etc. That evening we went out to camp for dinner, and I totally pawned her off on one of the guys there because I felt like I was going to snap. I tried to have compassion on her b/c I know she wasn't feeling well, but seriously, you have to know where your limits are with how much brattiness you can take in a day, and after that, let someone else take over. And believe me, I was there. 

Yesterday (Sunday) we tried a new church. Well, its not really a new church, since we went there when we first moved here, but we're trying it again. We like our current church, but as we are the youngest people there by at least 15 years, we just don't feel all that connected. And there's no nursery since Annabel is the only baby, so thats a definite downfall. I find that there are many pros and cons about switching churches. This new church is bigger, more energetic, more...forward thinking, I guess you would say. Our old church was a little stodgy, and I found myself disagreeing with the message often (what? The Bible says you have to be an immersed believer to take communion? What passage is that in, again??) On the other hand, the people at our old church are wonderful, and I feel guilty about leaving them. They were so excited to have young people in the church again! But wow, that's a lot of pressure, and I don't feel like it has to be our job to be that to them. Maybe there's a reason more young people aren't coming! 
Anyway, we aren't set on switching, but just trying something new for a couple of weeks. 

By evening last night, Annabel was refusing to eat anything, and developed a fever of 103. She fell asleep in Derek's arms on the couch around 7:30, so he let her sleep there for about an hour. It was sweet, but I just felt so bad for her. She woke up several times last night but went quickly back to sleep. By this morning, her fever is gone, but she's still refusing anything but juice. After breakfast she asked for a cookie, and I was hesitant since she hadn't eaten anything "good," but I figured a cookie in her belly was better than nothing. However, after sucking on it disinterestedly for a while, she handed it back to me. :( So pitiful! Now she's taking a nap by 10am, which is terribly unusual for her! I hope this is just the teeth, and not a real virus. 

The funniest thing that we are going through right now is a severe attachment to her coat and hat. Anytime we go somewhere, she wants to keep them on. We went to play at the mall Saturday, and she kept her hat on the whole time! And she always wants to have a hooded jacket on, zipped up, hood up. She'll bring me one from the dirty clothes and scream until I put it on her! What a turd! Yesterday at the church nursery, one of the men tried to take off her hat, and she had a total meltdown. And I was just barely able to switch out a navy blue hoodie for a white cardigan over her pretty dress before church! I guess this is just the beginning of her asserting herself over what she wants to wear!!

1 comment:

Rock 'n Roll Momma© said...

the jacket stuff sounds awfully familiar! javen has often gone to church and refused to let anyone take his hat and coat off while he was in the nursery. one time he even kept his little backpack on too...and sat staring out the window refusing to play with toys. i thought, gee, aren't we little mr. depressed?! HAHAHA!