Thursday, February 4, 2010

I know I've been lazy in my posting lately. I've been pretty lazy in most areas of life lately, to be completely honest :) Staying home all the time with very little structure is not good for my productivity!

So what have we been up to for the past several weeks? I'll try to remember. I've started back to my Thursday night job at Family Services, which is nice. Unfortunately, it's only 1.5 hours a week! It is basically just leading parenting groups at our local elementary schools using the Family Foundations curriculum. And it's nice because I'm able to bring Annabel with me if Derek's working late, since child care is provided, or she can stay with me if she wants. 

I've been doing a little bit of summer-clothes shopping when I find good deals. Annabel had fun giving me a fashion show earlier this week! Here are some pictures of us wishing for summer (and yes, I should have taken off her socks and wiped her face before taking pictures! :) :

This dress is such a soft velvet, and has such pretty detailing. I couldn't pass it up :)











She loved this striped halter top. She asks to wear it all the time :) 

And this is one of her favorite things to do right now:


 
She loves to be "up high!" Don't worry, grandpa, Derek or I stand close behind her.

Two weekends ago, I drove to Lexington to meet up with my friend Melanie. We spent the day doing some shopping, hitting up the clearance sales at Old Navy and Marshall's. After much deliberation, I picked up this bedroom set, so I'm posting this pic for you, Mel!



I found a little table for Annabel, which was supposed to be an art table, but she loves to eat her snacks there. 


Her attempt at a casual pose :) This is the bathrobe I made her for Christmas. 

Last week, Derek was gone at a camp leaders conference in Lexington. I took Annabel to McDonald's as a special treat... she calls it "EIEIO's house." So cute! Here she is playing in the play place.  
Of course, that night she came down with the flu and puked 7-8 times. I don't know if she'll ever want McDonalds cheeseburgers again! I know I sure don't ;)

In anticipation of a new little one, I bought Annabel a new carseat. Buying carseats is tricky because our car is so, so little. I was excited to find this one, because it was on clearance for $120 OFF, and it will grow with Annabel to 80 lbs. I really thought it would fit behind the driver seat (with Derek driving) but of course, it does not. So again, we are faced with the decision of selling our car and getting something bigger, which is SO not in the budget, or driving the jeep everywhere until we CAN afford something new. I don't like that idea either, b/c the jeep isn't very comfortable or safe, in my opinion. Ugh. 


Winter days get so boring, but we try to break up the monotony with play dates. Here's Annabel doing one of her very favorite things, holding a baby! 
And yes, she's wearing red and pink ;) My little stylista loves to dress herself!

Pregnancy-wise, things are going well. I'm still feeling well and showing more every day, it seems like! My midwife informed me that my placenta is lying very low at this point, over my cervix, so hopefully it will move upwards. I have another u/s scheduled in a few weeks to check. If it does not move, I'll have a c-section... obviously not what I'm going for. 

Annabel loves to talk to her little brother and shake my belly to "wake him up." She says the funniest things :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the new bedroom stuff! It looks great! Hope Derek wasn't too mad :- ) I can't believe how big Annabel is getting, she is looking more and more grown up :- )

Paige said...

Can I just say that I agree that Annabel is looking so much older! She looks like a preschooler ready for school. How's the pregger life treating you?