Monday, May 3, 2010

Official May Post :)

This spring continues to fly by! I can't believe it's May already! I should have only about 6 weeks of being pregnant left, so it is kind of nice to see time going by so quickly, considering my dislike of pregnancy in general :) I try to remind myself to enjoy this time, that babies are much easier inside than out, and to appreciate the one-on-one time I get with my sweet girl right now, but truly, I am done. 

I know that once Baby Asher gets here, the time I get with Annabel will be different. One of the ways I'm trying to make this easier on both of us is to by doing as many fun things right now as possible. We have been going to the park, museums, lots of walks, trips to grammy and papa's and playdates, and lots of outside time. Even though it wears me out, I know how guilty I'm going to feel in a few weeks when we hardly get out of the house!

a few weekends ago we headed down to Sullivan for my grandma and grandpa's 50th anniversary. 
It was a quick trip, but the best part was that we were able to pick up a swingset that had previously belonged to my cousins Bonnie and Boyd. Derek took three days off work last week to put it up and build a new fence along the back. It looks really great! Annabel loves her new swingset, too! She kept saying, "Thanks, daddy, for my new swingset!" 




Playing while daddy's working!


Who can resist a fudgecicle on a hot day?!

And here it is completed, with the completed fence! It makes our yard look so much nicer!

Later in the week Annabel and I headed back to the Muncie Children's Museum on a rainy afternoon. This time she focused on the choo-choo trains and probably would have watched them for hours if I would have let her! She does love to watch trains; We can see one from her bedroom window and it is so cute to see her standing on her tiptoes peeking out to see the very top of the train rushing by. 



Very excited to drive her own tractor! She always tells me, "when I'm big, I'll drive a schoolbus/tractor/big truck (semi)/etc" :) I tell her it's good to set your sights high! 


Petting a real snake! She assured me it wouldn't eat her.


Last weekend I went to Seattle to see my brother. I didn't take any pictures so you'll have to take my word for it that we had a good time. Gareth was very obliging and let me shop almost every day ;) We also saw the movie "Babies" which was really cute and ate really great sushi. But as much fun as it was, I don't think I'll travel this pregnant again. It was pretty rough on my body- I'm still recuperating! Even after a trip to the chiro today, I'm still sore everywhere and exhausted. 

Anyway, hopefully I'll get back into the swing of blogging after the baby gets here and I have more energy. 


Who doesn't enjoy a good drink of water from a shot glass?!

Walking baby through the neighborhood :) Continuing to love the crazy outfits she comes up with! 

No comments: